Organized Conferences & Workshops by Prof. Piek Th.J.M. Vossen
- Co-Organizer of the 7th Global WordNet Conference (GWC2014), January 25-29, 2014, Tartu, Estonia
- Invited Moderator/co-organisator with the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO) for 3 lectures at Spui25, Amsterdam, the Netherlands, 2013
- Co-organizer of the DutchSemCor Workshop, October 25, 2012, VU University Amsterdam, the Netherlands.
- Co-Organizer of the 6th Global WordNet Conference (GWC2012), January 9-13, 2012, Matsue, Japan
- Co-organizer of OntoLex 2010: 6th Workshop on "Ontologies and Lexical Resources", COLING, August 21-22, 2010, Beijing, China.
- Co-organizer of SemEval-2010: 5th International Workshop on Semantic Evaluations on Kyoto's subtask WSD17: All-words Word Sense Disambiguation on a Specific Domain, workshop collocation: ACL2010, July 11-16, Uppsala, Sweden.
- Co-organizer of the CAMeRA-project "From Text to Political Positions (T2PP)" Workshop "Mining for Meaning", VU University Amsterdam, April 9-10, 2010.
- Co-organizer of the 5th Global WordNet Conference (GWC2010), Mumbai, India, January 31 - February 4, 2010.
- Organizer of the Workshop on "Linguistic Studies of Ontology: From Lexical Semantics to Formal Ontologies and Back" at the 18th International Congress of Linguists (CIL18), Seoul, Republic of Korea, July 21-26, 2008.
- Organizer of the Ontolex workshop at LREC 2008, Marrakech, Turkey, May 31, 2008.
- Organizer of the DutchSemCor Workshop, Vrije University Amsterdam, May 16, 2008.
- Organizer of the 4th Global Wordnet Conference, Szeged, Hungary, January 22-25,2008.
- Organizer of the workshop on L&TC WordNet Special Track :the development of new WordNets, related tools and WordNet applications in AI, during the 3rd Language & Technology Conference: Human Language Technologies as a Challenge for Computer Science and Linguistics, Poznan, Poland, October 5-7, 2007.
- Organizer of the workshop on Evaluating WSD on Cross-Language Information Retrieval on Sem-Eval 2007, the 4th International Workshop on Semantic Evaluations, during the ACL, Prague, Czech Republic, June 23-30, 2007.
- Organizer of the Cornetto workshop, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, June 7, 2007.
- Organizer of the the "African Languages WordNet Workshop/Training" for the Department African Languages of the University of South Africa, Unisa, Pretoria, South Africa, March 19-23, 2007.
- Organizer of the The First International Workshop on Intercultural Collaboration (IWIC 2007), Kyoto, Japan, January 25-26, 2007.
- Organizer of the 2nd Workshop on the MEANING Project, Trento, Italy, February 3-4, 2005.
- Organizer and panelist of the ACL Panel Global Wordnet, Standardizing and Linking wordnets with particular attention to Word Sense Inventory, Representation, and Distinction, EACL/ACL Panel, 6 July 2001.
- Panelist on ACL Panel Senseval domain specific sense disambiguation, ACL 2001, Toulouse, EACL/ACL Panel, 6 July 2001.
- Member of the organizing committee and attendant of the Ontology Standards workshop at Heidelberg, on behalf of the Ansi-committee on Ontology Standards. Heidelberg, Germany.
- Member of the organizing committee of the 6th Euralex International Conference on Lexicography in Amsterdam, August 1994.